Luna Lodge Policies
Seasons at Luna Lodge
- Low Season: May 16th until October 1st
- High Season: December 1st until May 15th
- Closed: October 1st until December 1st
- Peak Dates: December 20th until January 3rd, February 10th until February 15th, and Easter Week. During these times we do not accept any type of discounted reservations or complimentary bookings (CPL).
- Every reservation must be requested in writing (e-mail is the best option).
- E-mails are reviewed continuously at Luna Lodge to maintain constant communication with our guests and also to keep a record of any agreement between the guests and Luna Lodge. The telephone is a good way to verify space but we cannot take a reservation without a written request.
- Confirmation of availability is sent upon receiving the request for the space but that does not guarantee the reservation unless a prepayment is received. Normally, a preliminary invoice is sent with the breakdown costs, but rooms can be sold to another guest if a response or a pre-payment is not received within 8 days in the low season or 4 days in high season.
- To guarantee a reservation we need to receive a 50% deposit for the total reservation. This can be paid by sending a deposit to the “Cuenta Corriente” at
Albergue de Luna S.A, Cliente # 310118018100
Cuenta en dólares: 200-02-094-000943-5
Banco Nacional, Sucursal de Puerto Jiménez
If the payment is to be made from outside the country, the deposit check can be sent to:
P.O. BOX 7045
Gunnison, Colorado 81230
Please make check or money order payable to Lana Wedmore and please write on the back: “For Deposit Only”.
We can also confirm your reservation by receiving your credit card number (Visa or Master Card) and the expiration date. If this is your choice, please send it fragmented in 2 or more e-mails (it is safer that way).
- Luna Lodge uses the exchange rate permitted in Costa Rica, charging the amount shown in your invoice and does not accept responsibilities for any extra fees charged to your credit card by the banks when processed.
- Travel Agencies must make final payment 30 days before the guest’s arrival.
- Personal reservations can be paid in full at check-out.
- Flights or ground transfer reservations made by Luna Lodge must be paid in full once they have been arranged. If the payment for these services is made with a credit card, an additional 3.5% bank charge will be added to your payment.
Cancellations and Refunds
- Low Season: There is no refund for cancellations received within 45 days before a scheduled arrival.
- High Season: There is no refund for cancellations received within 60 days before a scheduled arrival.
- Cancellations must be made in writing. We do not accept cancellations made by telephone.
- Please be aware that in the case of receiving a cancellation guaranteed with a credit card, you will be charged a 3.5% bank charge on the total amount you authorized.
- Refunds in Costa Rica will be made by making a deposit by Internet to your bank account or by sending a check to an address you specify
- Refunds outside Costa Rica will be made by sending a check to an address you specify.
- Luna Lodge does not make reimbursements to credit cards.
Children, Guides, and Chauffeurs
- Accommodations at Luna Lodge consist of:
one room with a king size bed|
(this is the best bungalow for honeymooners.
one room with two double beds|
Due to the location of some of the bungalows, we will need to be notified of any disabilities ahead of time.
3 Hacienda Style Cabins:
one room with one double bed one single bed (accommodates three people)|
Stand-Up Platform Tents:
10ft x 10ft x 10ft|
two single beds
The prices for these tents make them ideal for backpackers, nature-immersing lovers, or travelers with a tight budget. These tents are located on the highest point of the lodge. Although they have more difficult access (with many stairs), they have the best view of the mountains and ocean.
- We do not accommodate more people than the room’s bed capacity- this avoids unhappy guests. We only make an exception when guests are staying in a bungalow or hacienda room with children and wish to be with them in the same room. If this is the case, we will put an extra cot on the floor. This option is not available for tents.
- One bungalow is available for guests with disabilities.
- Every room at Luna Lodge has electricity 24 hours/day provided by our hydro-electric generators.
- Every room at Luna Lodge has flashlights, umbrellas, towels(bath, small, and facial), soap, and shampoo.
- Children 5 to 12 years old are considered as children. Luna Lodge is not recommended for children under 5 years old since it can be very difficult to maintain their control. Every client at Luna Lodge is a VIP and everyone has the right to enjoy the quietness and peaceful atmosphere of this paradise, so reservations with children under 5 years old are not accepted.
- Luna Lodge has some very knowledgeable guides in its staff. They are bilingual, very experienced with the area, and trained in first aid. There is always priority for the Luna Lodge’s guides but, if a guest wants to bring their own guide, he or she can sleep in the employee accommodations and eat with the guests at the restaurant. The cost for the food is $50 per day. If the client wants the guide to sleep in the hotel's accommodations, we can provide a platform tent at the Costa Rican's rate which includes three meals and taxes. This also applies to any driver that guests wish to keep with them. If a guest requests transportation with Luna Lodge’s vehicles to go somewhere with their own guide, they will be charged $3 per person, one way. There will not be any charge for transportation for tours guided by our own guides.
- Luna Lodge offers assistance contacting a private taxi for transportation from the international airport to anywhere in San Jose or from Puerto Jiménez to Luna Lodge. Because these companies are outside of Luna Lodge’s control, the costs can vary depending on the seasons and we can not be responsible for any variation. The cost for the transportation in San Jose must be paid directly to the driver, but you can pay once you arrive at Luna Lodge for the transportation from Puerto Jimenez to Luna Lodge. If a guest gets a taxi that is not the one we have previously arranged for them, they will be obligated to pay for that taxi as well as the taxi they requested us to arrange for them.
- Please follow our website links to arrange domestic airline services with Nature Air or Sansa for flights from San Jose to Puerto Jiménez. We can also make arrangements with a local private charter plane company.
- Transportation around the lodge, such as rides to the beach, can be arranged with the itineraries of some of our tours and in that case there will not be any charge. The lodge is about 30 minutes walking distance from the beach (it is a winding up-hill road). If a guest requests a special ride, there will be a charge of $3 per person, one way.
Food, Bar, and Meal Times
- Luna Lodge offers healthy food including fish, chicken, and occasionally red meat, along with organic fruits, vegetables, and gourmet desserts. We can also accomodate special dietary needs if requested by guests.
- Meal times:
BREAKFAST: 8:00am - 9:30am
(served at 6:30am for guests leaving on the Corcovado tour)
LUNCH: 12:30pm - 2:00pm
DINNER: 7:00pm - 8:00pm
- Meals are served to the tables when there are 16 or less guests and served buffet-style when there are more than 16 guests.
- For organized retreats, breakfast can be according to their itinerary.
- There is always complimentary coffee and tea available at the bar.
- The bar is open from 6:00am until 10:00pm. Alcoholic beverages are available after 12:00pm. All drinks from the bar are additional charges and will be billed daily; guests must sign the bar receipts before adjourning to their room. Luna Lodge does not accept any complaints for receipts that have already been signed- please check your bar receipt carefully before signing.
Check-In and Check-Out Times
- Due to the remote location of Luna Lodge, check-in can be done at any time between 7:00am and 10:0pm. However, if a person is looking for rooms after 10:00pm, the guard will be authorized to accommodate them, if there is availability. They must provide him a credit card (Visa or Master card) that will be retained until the next day.
- Check-out can also be done anytime from 7:00am to 10:00pm, but the room must be vacated by 12:00pm. If a guest wishes to leave late in the afternoon, we can keep their luggage in our office.
- We at Luna Lodge do our best to keep track of our guests even after they have left our hotel and we do our best to make their trip back as smooth as possible. Sometimes, however, all of our efforts are not sufficient when situations related to the weather or with other companies occur. If that is the case, we can only offer all of our communication resources and hope for the best.
Agencies and Retreat Organizers